Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Holidays

I'm working on an actual blog post at the moment, but I have to finish reading a book (nonfiction, so it will take me a few days to read it) before I can complete the post.

In the meantime, I thought I might say Happy Holidays to you all. So, Happy Holidays during this winter season! Eat lots of goodies and smile a bunch.

For the opinionated bit of this blog post, I say "happy holidays" not to be politically correct, but because 1) for me, this holiday season includes everything from Thanksgiving to New Years Day, and 2) my mom has officially renamed "Christmas" to "winter holidays" in this household. She doesn't like confining the celebration of Jesus to one day in the year that is more about materialism, depression, greed, family, etc. I am inclined to agree with her on the matter.

So anyways, Happy Holidays. Enjoy Christmas if you celebrate it (and I'm not bothered if you do celebrate it. I was just explaining why I don't). Enjoy the other festivals/holidays during this season as well if you celebrate those.

No comments:

Post a Comment